*No Images of:
Adapted to desert riparian areas. Has white bark. Trees may be referred to as male or female.
List all Salicaceae | Populus
- Populus brandegeei - Salicaceae
- Additional Names: Populus monticula
Common Names: Populus Brandegeei, Populus Monticola
- Habit: Erect or Spreading
Has Deciduous foliage.
- Shape: Columnar
- Sunset Zones: 12 - 13
- Exposure: Full Sun
- Water Needs: Wet to Dry Soil
- Soil Type: Loam or Sand
- Soil pH: Neutral to Highly Alkaline
- Seaside Tolerance: Not Suited
- Height: 65 feet
- Growth Rate: 36 Inches per Season
- Landscape Use: Riparian or Screen
- Longevity: Less than 50 years
- Leaves: Deltoid Medium Green. Gold in Fall. Deciduous.
- Flowers: Inconspicuous. Flowers in Spring or Winter. Has either male or female flowers (dioecious). Trees may be sold as male or female.
- Fruit: Brown Capsule, Small (0.25 - 0.50 inches), fruiting in Summer.
- Bark: Striking Cream, Smooth
- Pest & Disease: Susceptible to Aphids and Scales, Anthracnose, Canker, Crown Rot, Mistletoe and Sooty Mold
- Shading Capacity: Rated as Moderately Dense in Leaf and Moderate out of Leaf.
- Branch Strength: Rated as Weak
- Litter Issue: Dry Fruit and Twigs
- Root Damage Potential: Rated as High
- Health Hazard: Allergy
- Fire Resistance: Favorable
Cite This Page:
SelecTree. "Populus brandegeei Tree Record." 1995-2012. May 20, 2013.
< http://selectree.calpoly.edu/treedetail.lasso?rid=1126 >